Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reading Addiction

I am addicted to reading. There... I admit it... I've said it out loud.

Here's what I've read recently:
  • Maya Angelou's series of her self-biographies,
  • Alexander McCall Smith's "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series
  • Jodi Picoult - Several of her books
  • Lisa See's "Red Princess" books
  • Ursula K. LeGuin - "Earthsea" series, as well as several others
  • Sharon Kay Penman's medieval mysteries
  • Sharan Newman's "Catherine LeVendeur Mystery" series
  • The Secret Life of Bees
  • Marley & me
  • many, many historical fictions
  • many historical biographies

Reading focuses my brain, gives me an opportunity to escape the 'real world', as well as an opportunity to learn.

I love to learn and to teach. The classroom environment is the perfect place to discuss and debate, to be open to new ideas and to express your own ideas.

Gee... just listen to me waxing philosophically!

1 comment:

  1. Well I like to read the newspaper and blogs! Not one to sit for very long so a book seems like handcuffed to a chair to me. I admire people who read because they have more to talk about than just the weather. They are supposed to be more intellegent and more worldly. Enough butterin'. Hi Fannie!!!!

    ReplyDelete