Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Morning Coffee

Hmmm... what to write today? I'm enjoying some particularly tasty coffee today. I have one of those Keurig K-Cup coffee makers, and bought a box of Heifer Hope Blend coffee. I'm one of those people who try to support good causes and global community & environmental improvement. This coffee is Fair Trade Certified and donates a portion of each purchase to the Heifer International organization. I'm very impressed with this organization and plan to become more involved upon my retirement. Read more about it at http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.204586/?msource=kw3075&gclid=COGGx8zQyJoCFRJ4xgod9w_a3Q

As an Aquarius and child of the 60's I'm still trying to heal the world. I'd really like to take a 'volunteer vacation' but have overwhelmed myself with information (this is SO typical of me),
that it renders me at a point of no decision at all. They all sound so worthy to me, but I have to admit my own limitations (call me a baby if you want to, I prefer to call it "realistic"). I can't see myself living in a tent in the rain forest... not crazy about sharing my sleeping bag with other living creatures. I like to teach, and think I'm pretty good at it, so would lean more toward something to do with teaching. I'd really like to visit and teach in Africa. The children there seem so hungry for education, and it's an area of the world that will really have a global impact in our future.

2 comments:

  1. I also have purchased goats, trees, and chickens in people's names as a gift for someone who has everything. Does your niece kinda look like you? maybe it is just how she has her hair and her glasses. I have decided if I do any volunteer work out of my community, it will be in the United States. We need help here too... just the way I think. Have a great day and I'll give ya a call in a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey PR check out this blog, it is right up there with your jewelry making. http://wirejewelrylessons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete