Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Tired Grandma!

Today was my day with Jake, and what a busy day it was! My dear friend Lori (Altered Glass blog) came over to Jake's house and we (all 3 of us) made a batch of home made noodles. Jake was totally into it, complete with flour from head to toe. Lori took some pictures so I'll upload them soon. It was a lot of fun actually... at least for Jake and me... not so sure Lori had so much fun, but she is a saint and went along for the ride.

Then we took off for a local tree/plant nursery for a visit. It was a virtual playground for the Jakester... run, run, run. Bless Lori's heart, she was so patient with us! Jake & I then hit both McDonalds and Hardees for our weekly lunch extravanza. When we stopped by my house to eat and watch Underdog, we noticed that Grandpa Ryser and Great Grandma Wille were at Great Grandma's house, so of course a visit was in order. I was thinking he'd fall asleep in the car on the way back to his house, as he normally does. But no, no. Lots of outdoor time for us when we got him home. Blowing bubbles in the yard, swinging, sliding, climbing, digging gravel out of his dad's driveway and filling the back of his gator with the gravel treasures, and of course more running/chasing up & down their hill numerous times. I did get him to slow down long enough to enjoy some M&M's, then off to the races again. We were just settling down to watch Madagascar when his Mommy got home.

I'm sure he'll sleep well tonight... I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I had a blast! I do not know how you do it!!! You have super grandma powers to keep up with all that. Hope you noodles dried out. I will send you pics tomorrow. Thanks for the fun!! hugs

    ReplyDelete